Welcome to CurtisOZ
I'm Mark Curtis.
I began my career in the late 1970s as a Computer Service Engineer fixing mainframe computers.
Since then I have worked in a range of IT related disciplines from tech support, management and
sales through project management, technical writing, information management, Intranet Management,
web application design & development and Content/Document Management System implementation.
The common thread throughout my career is that "I fix things". I listen as people explain their
business problems and help them identify their subsequent needs. I analyse those needs and design
and implement suitable solutions. In addition, I have a very strong 'service' ethic. I believe that
a customer's needs are paramount and that other concerns should be subordinate to those needs
Over most of the last 17 years I have worked designing, developing and implementing intranet
systems, intranet applications and web systems in both corporate and government environments.
My passion lies in the following areas:
- Building and improving Intranets,
- Implementing Content Management Systems,
- Designing and implementing database backed applications with web front-ends that actually
work and make people’s lives easier, not harder,
- Putting in place the systems and processes that enable people to easily access the
information they need when they need it and focus on their jobs rather than the technology they
are required to use,
- Building effective user communities for the systems implemented.
With almost 35 years experience in IT and business across multiple IT related disciplines I
have learned a fair bit and welcome the opportunity to leverage that learning to the benefit of
Name: Mark Curtis
Phone: 0402 213 878
- Intranet Management
- CMS (Content Management System) implementation
- Information Architecture
- Knowledge Management
- Web Application design & development
- User Experience
- Technical Writing & Wordsmithing